As you can probably tell my logo design has changed quite a bit, while I was working on my initial design something wasn’t sitting right with me, whether it was too complicated or I just didn’t like my design I decided to change. To decide on another design I went through all of my past photos and found a flower (which I have actually uploaded in a past blog post) which I liked and thought would look cool as a logo. So I opened the image to Illustrator and created a new layer where I traced the flower using the blob brush tool (so that I could fill it with a color later), once I had finished I decided I wanted a circle behind it to make it feel more complete. After that I just made a few copies of it and tried out different colors, asking other classmates for their opinions, finally deciding on a gradient light blue filling the flower on top of a gradient black circle.
Initial logo design: