For this project, getting to this point has been a process... My first issue was following a pretty bad tutorial which took me through a lot more steps than necessary, making this project take a lot more time than it should have. The first step to create this was finding a base image -- an... Continue Reading →
Again this hasn't changed much from the last WIP aside from the image trace in the back, once again to give it a more post-cardy feel. With all three post cards there I think that of all the designs mine could possibly take the cake, so to speak.
This WIP hasn't changed much from the initial one, aside from the tilt and the image trace of The Alamo, to give it a more post-cardy feel.
In order to make this, I took a photo of the Y.O. Ranch where my client, the American Voyager Association, will be going on their trip to Texas. I made an image trace of the photo using only 3 colors as this was one of the constraints. After which I edited out the cars on... Continue Reading →
The finished version of my AVA t-shirt front design. Since my last WIP I have changed the file type from a Photoshop file to an Illustrator file in order to change it from a photo to a vector image. Second I removed the American Voyager Association from the logo since I felt that it made it... Continue Reading →
For this I have taken the American Voyager Association logo and put it on top of a Texas lone-star, showing the Texan spirit. After talking to my client, I have put in all of the necessary information, although it feels a bit cluttered so I may try to clean it up a bit.
My final for the illustrator project, since my last WIP I have added another string of music notes, and changed the background from a diagonal stripe down the middle to a circular gradient with a lighter middle, and a darker edge. The main tools that I used throughout the project were the blob brush tool,... Continue Reading →
This is my WIP for my final project within illustrator, I have so far used an image trace on an image of a violin, then drew some warped sheet music to go in the background. I plan to add some more music notes (sheet music) maybe overlapping the violin.
As you can probably tell my logo design has changed quite a bit, while I was working on my initial design something wasn't sitting right with me, whether it was too complicated or I just didn't like my design I decided to change. To decide on another design I went through all of my past... Continue Reading →